To find out more, please fill out our form for your FREE initial case review and let a car accident lawyer in South Alabama and the Gulf Coast.
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in a collision with an 18 wheeler, you need to contact an experienced Alabama injury lawyer and one who knows the ins and outs of truck accident cases. As an injury attorney in Mobile and throughout the State of Alabama to protect your legal rights, we will fight the powerful trucking industry to get YOU FAIR COMPENSATION for your injuries, which has likely changed your life.
Eighteen wheeler tractors with trailers weigh on average over 80,000 pounds. Any collision between an 18-wheeler and a cars, pickup truck or motorcycle, the 18-wheeler wins. As a result, passenger car or motorcycle riders often suffer severe personal injuries in a crash with an 18-wheeler. According to current data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and data from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, passenger vehicle occupants accounted for 73% of the injuries and 68% of deaths.
What are the leading causes of Tractor-Trailer Crashes?
- Driver fatigue
- Overweight loads
- Cellphones and text messaging
- Licensing issues and lack of proper training
- Reckless driving or speeding tractor-trailers
- Mechanical malfunctions and improper maintenance
- Hazardous cargoes and spills
- Truck driver drug and alcohol use; or DUI
- Traffic congestion on roads not equipped for high traffic volumes.
What you should do if you or a loved one is injured in a crash with a big truck.
- Contact our firm immediately. After any serious wreck involving a tractor-trailer, the insurance company will immediately send a team of experts to evaluate the crash and to gather critical information that can be lost over time. It is very important then to hire an experienced attorney to get to the scene as soon as physically possible. This is important for many many reasons especially when there is some question about who was at fault.
- YOU WILL NOT PAY OUR FIRM until we are victorious at trial or your case is settled. We will immediately engage our own experts and staff to handle every aspect of your case. You will feel more comfortable knowing that your lawyer has the financial resources to protect your interests while you or your loved one recovers.
We are located in Mobile but have helped clients from Florida to California, the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and the entire State of Alabama.