To find out more, please fill out our form for your FREE initial case review and let a car accident lawyer in South Alabama and the Gulf Coast.
Alabama’s Workers’ Compensation Act was recently declared unconstitutional by the Jefferson County Circuit Court. That ruling has not taken effect as of yet but it shows that the law is fundamentally unfair for the worker. That is why you need the experienced workers comp lawyer Mobile AL trusts to maximize your recovery.
WHAT DO YOU DO IF YOU HURT YOURSELF AT WORK
- Report the injury immediately to your supervisor. You may accomplish by talking to, or calling, or providing written notice. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
- Request medical attention. Except in an emergency, the employer is required to provide you with a doctor of their choosing after the employer has been put on notice. The employer has the right to select the doctor or facility. The employer controls the medical treatment.
- The employer is required to reimburse you for mileage to and from medical visits within 25 days.
- Do not skip medical appointments scheduled by your employer or the insurance company.
- GO BACK TO WORK if at all possible. Your employer may have a light duty job available for you. The longer you are out of work, the more likely it is that you will not return.
- Your employer must initiate payments after 21 days if you have been taken of work by a doctor due to the injury.
- You must submit to a drug screen if requested by the employer.
- Listen to your doctor. However, if you become dissatisfied with the doctor selected by the employer, you may choose a different doctor from a panel of 4 selected by the employer.
REMEMBER: It is ILLEGAL for an employer to fire you because you filed a workers’ compensation claim.
CONTACT US early in this process and we can walk you through it and tell you what to expect. If you are not getting your checks, we will investigate and advise you exactly what is going on. We will monitor your medical treatment and advise you of when we can expect to settle your claim or go to court. Workers’ compensation insurance companies are notorious for treating the injured worker unfairly and not paying what they deserve to be paid. You need an experience work comp lawyer to help you through this process.